Zoom recently updated their requirements for 3rd party SIP devices such as CyberData equipment. Zoom now would like most CyberData devices to be auto-provisioned to get their credentials instead of manual configuration. This change will make setup much easier and streamline the process, however this is not without downsides. The main issue created is that some CyberData devices do not have the SSL certificates required by Zoom to verify the CyberData device before allowing the configuration file being downloaded. A work around for this issue is to request a generic SIP device type be enabled for the account which will allow manual provisioning. This work around will require the feature to be enabled by the the Zoom account rep or support agent.
CyberData products that will not auto-provision and must be configured as generic SIP Device.
- CyberData SIP IP66 Horn (011457)
- CyberData SIP Paging Amplifier (011324)
- CyberData SIP Loudspeaker Amplifiers (011404 & 011405)
- CyberData SIP Speaker (011394)
- CyberData SIP Talkback Speaker (011398)
Other older CyberData devices that are compatible with Zoom must also be configured as a generic SIP device. These devices must be identified with their serial numbers.
- CyberData SIP Paging Adapter (011233)
- Serial Number 2331xxxxx
- CyberData SIP Paging Server (011146)
- Serial Number 1461xxxxx