CyberData and RingCentral
The following information is the most commonly inquired support topics between CyberData and RingCentral IP-PBX
CyberData Device - Not Registering or Drops Registration
- Make sure that the CyberData device is registering with a RingCentral extension that is not being used by any other device.
- CD web GUI, SIP tab → Re-registration Interval must be set to 30 seconds
- CD web GUI, SIP tab → Keep Alive Period must be set to 0 (zero)
- CD web GUI, Network tab → DNS Server 1 and 2 can typically be set to local DNS servers. However, in cases where using local DNS servers prevents successful communication, we recommend using DNS servers at 126.96.36.199 (Cloudflare DNS) for DNS1 and 188.8.131.52 (Google DNS) for DNS2.
CyberData Paging Device - No Audio during Page
- If you are registering your CyberData device as a RingCentral Free Paging Device extension, you will need to enable a feature called "Bypass DTMF Menus" within the CyberData web GUI. Located on the Device tab under Misc. Settings. Save and Reboot for the change to take effect.
- The latest CyberData products have an in-built feature called "Force Selected Codec" which can be found on the SIP tab within the web interface. Enable this option, set the Preferred Codec Selection to PCMU, then Save and Reboot for the change to take effect.
- If you have a CyberData Paging Adapter or Paging Server and are concerned about the wiring to your analog power amplifier, please visit our Connecting to Compatible Analog Amplifiers page. If your amplifier is not listed, please contact our support with the make and model of the amplifier. Pictures of the front and back of the amplifier will assist with resolution efficiency.
"Unexpected Network Error" when calling to or from CyberData Device
- Ensure that the device is still registering with RingCentral by viewing the registration status on the Home tab within the CyberData web GUI.
- If you have a firewall on the network, disable SIP ALG and review firewall logs (if possible) to ensure that SIP packets are successfully passing outbound and inbound.
- We recommend that you check your network configuration to ensure that packets are being sent and received through the proper ports. (5060, 5061, and 5090 for SIP UDP; 10500 for SIP RTP; and 5096 if using SIP TLS.)
- If TLS is the SIP Transport Protocol ensure that RTP Encryption (SRTP) on the CyberData product's SIP Page is set to "Mandatory."
For further information, please review our RingCentral Configuration Guides
- SIP Paging Adapter
- SIP Paging Server
- SIP Ceiling Speaker
- SIP Paging Amplifier
- SIP IP Intercoms
Compatible IP-PBX Servers and SIP Registration
To answer SIP calls, CyberData devices need to be registered with a SIP server. The registration process requires entering SIP credentials provided by the SIP Server into the CyberData device. Credential formats vary by vendor and the credentials ...
Registering your CyberData device with CoreDial
CoreDial offers a service to re-sellers that white label Broadsoft or Asterisk, depending on the reseller. We have not done a complete set of product testing with CoreDial. However, we keep an interoperability standard with both Broadsoft and ...
CyberData VoIP Discovery Utility
The Discovery Utility will scan the network and display any found CyberData VoIP devices. The utility can be downloaded here - https://files.cyberdata.net/assets/common/discovery.zip. After extracting the files launch the program titled ...
Supported Special Characters for passwords
Creating a strong password is extremely important for any password that is used. Contrary to popular belief, longer passwords are more secure than passwords with special characters. However, many password manager tools or SIP IP/PBX servers require ...
Using Nightringer on the Skyswitch Hosted PBX Platform.
SkySwitch can register your CyberData device’s Nightringer function as either a separate SIP device or as a "Secondary Device." The difference is that when Nightringer is registered as a Secondary Device the SIP credentials used are the same as those ...