If you are using CyberData's 4-Port PoweredUSB hub, see the user's guide at the bottom.
Important Note on PoweredUSB Connection:
Always connect the PoweredUSB cable to the PoweredUSB peripheral device before connecting the cable into the hub port. Once the cable is connected to a hub port, it should NEVER be disconnected from the peripheral without first unplugging the hub end of the cable. So also, a printer or peripheral device should NEVER be re-reconnected to the cable without first unplugging the hub end of the cable. Leaving a PoweredUSB cable plugged into a hub port and attempting to disconnect and reconnect at the peripheral's end will cause power damage to the hub. That end of the cable is not hot-pluggable. This is part of the PoweredUSB specification.
To restore or initialize correct operation of a hub:
Please complete the following steps (very important to do them in order):
- Make sure there are no devices connected to the four ports on the hub and the hub is unplugged from the PC.
- Power the hub using the power brick.
- Plug a HID-compliant device, such as a mouse, into the lower portion of one of the 12V PoweredUSB ports on the hub (standard USB portion of the connector).
- Connect the standard "A to B" USB cable into the into the hub B connection.
- Connect the A side of the cable to the PC with the OS. Mouse should enumerate on the PC.
- Move the mouse around. You should see the cursor move on your screen.
- Connect the PoweredUSB cable to the printer.
- Connect the other end of the PoweredUSB cable to the hub.
- Printer should now enumerate and allow you to load printer drivers on the PC.
- At this point the HID compliant mouse can be removed.
If this does not help, please outline the behavior you are experiencing, the troubleshooting steps you have tried, and open a techical support ticket with answers to the following:
- What is the OS of the computer you are using?
- What are the make/models of the devices you are plugging into the hub?
- How are you supplying power to the hub?
- How do the indicator lights on the device behave?